personal portal to your health records
Register now for VMC’s new FollowMyHealth™ so you can: pay your bills online! You can request an appointment and more:
• Review your medical records
• Quickly access lab results
• Read your doctor visit summary
• Update your health information
• Refill prescriptions
• Pay your bills
Find a Provider
VMC is proud to offer the services of over 50 providers, working together to help you Be Well. Whether you need care for your child, your feet, your asthma, your heart or just need a check-up, VMC’s providers are here to help. New patients may call Patient Coordinator Angel Sears at
738-7528 to learn about insurances accepted and other preliminary information.
VMC announces two new physicians
Family medicine physician Benjamin Brennan, MD, has joined the staff of VMC and is now accepting new patients.
VMC welcomes cardiologist Ashkan Attaran, MD, in mid-September.
Stay tuned for more details and get to know the newest members of our highly skilled medical staff.
Childhood obesity awareness month
Childhood obesity over the past 30 years has become “crazy out of whack” says VMC pediatrician
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), obesity levels among adolescents have quadrupled in the past three decades, and levels among children ages 6-12 have doubled.
In 2012, more than one third of children and adolescents were overweight or obese and facing serious health risks.
Do not get ‘Botched’ by a plastic surgeon
• Get to know the surgeon: Make sure you feel comfortable with them. Talk to the plastic surgeons, interview them, ask them about their cases, have them show you cases and ask to talk to those patients to see how they treated and as about their results.
• Ask about hospital privileges: Make sure they have hospital privileges so in the event that something happens, they can take care of you.
• Be careful about online reviews: Some people pad their statistics and will post reviews that aren't necessarily from patients.
Healthy alternatives for diabeticsFor information on VMC’s diabetes
programs, contact Diabetes Educator
Did you know...
Visalia Medical Clinic offers a monthly informational/support group led by our diabetes educator, Susan Smith, Ph.D. The cost is just $5 per family. For details, click here
- FIND a Provider
VMC offers over 50 physicians in a wide variety of specialties. Let us help you find the physician who is right for you.
- Fun Fitness
Second annual Mavericks Pony Express 5K Run September 27. All proceeds benefit Happy Trails Riding Academy. For more information, click here.Harvest 5k Run/Walk Saturday, October 4, 2014 Lifestyle Center • 5105 W. Cypress Ave Visalia, CA 93291, Click here.
When: Mon. through Fri.
Time: 9:00 a.m.
- HEALTH TIP
Get It Checked
A schedule of check-ups and age-approriate screenings for men and women.